Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 3: June 15

The first sentence in every text used to be the hardest to come up with. Well, we are already done with this one.
Let’s start with our first stop- Santa Monica. No more than half an hour from polluted and always busy Los Angeles you can find the first (and not the last of today) “heaven on the earth”. You can say a lot about this place but the best word to describe it would be “peace”. Want a break from whatever you are busy with? That’s the place for you.
Now, dear reader, consider our situation. You have just left Santa Monica and you are supposed to visit identically same place- beaches, palm trees, and great views of valley packed between mountains and ocean. Do you expect anything better than what you just saw? Probably no. Are you going to experience something better than you just have?
Oh yes, as long as you are going to face east and get to Malibu. Hmmm, quite a famous place isn’t it? In fact, during my 45-minute long walk I met an allegedly famous actor. I still have no clue who that was, but he caused some excitement among people who actually knew him.
And now we are moving to the best part of June 16, 2011.
Santa Barbara.
Two words. Perfect spot. If I had to pick one place to live in the US that would be Santa Barbara. Wide beaches, yachts, and all these things you want to experience after watching 007 movies are here. I am sorry I will not be able to describe the view of the valley out there, but when anyone anytime will ask me to make a list of “5 must-see places in the world” – Santa Barbara is one of those.
I would really love to write more and add some detail to my juicy post, but you know what – I am just sitting and typing some stuff on a computer when 53 other exchange students have pool party here- in sunny California. Goodbye and goodnight.
Michal Stefanski, Poland (Host District: 6440)

No comments:

Post a Comment